Neha's Blog

Where the Party Starts

7th Grade

| 7 Comments

7th Grade has been tough. The homework load and the classes. I really don’t know what I would of done if I didn’t have choir to let me relax, especially lunch. Sometimes, when it get hone I just want to sleep or watch TV. But every time I do those things I have the weight of the homework on my back. Why is 7th grade so much more harder than 6th grade? I guess it’s because they expect more from you. The transitions from 2nd to 3rd grade, 5th to 6th grade, and 6th to 7th grade have definitely been the hardest transitions. I think that 7th grade is my slow point. It’s where I am struggling and just plain old tired. 

Comment below if you think the same way.

7 Comments

1. I’ve never taught sixth grade, so I don’t know if seventh is harder, but I know it’s hard. The upside is that you learn a lot. In May, students say that they are surprised by how much they have grown in maturity and in knowledge. Will it be worth the work? You can answer that in eight months…

2. Yes, I feel the exact same way! I think because 6th grade was so easy for me, it didn’t prepare me for this year. I’ve talked to many people who was a 7th grader here at West Ridge, and they’ve all said 7th grade was the toughest, and 6th and 8th grade were managable.

3. I would agree, it is much harder and we have a lot more homework to do.
    There is just too much class work and homework to relax!

4. I think the exactly what you think seventh grade is much more harder than sixth.

5. In 6th grade it seemed to easy then we went to 7th grade it was what seemed like double what we had last year.

6. The transition has been so hard from 6th to 7th grade. The amount of homework has seemed to have doubled and I have less and less relax time. Its not fun having to go to dance straight after school, but having a butt load of homework on top of that, is harsh. You don’t have any free time, and while my brother and sister and the rest of my family are having a movie night, I’m stuck in my room doing homework. Its kind of sad, actually because I think I have been very distant with my family. But soon we’ll be on Christmas break, and I’ll have more time to spend with my family, and hopefully the second semester will be easier.

7. My sister (she’s in 9th grade) says that 7th grade is harder than 6th AND 8th grade! So I guess that’s something to look forward to. I like the way you said “the weight of homework on my back” because it describes it perfectly! Summer vacation can’t get here fast enough!